Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our little ladybug turns one...


Wow how quickly time flies!! Our little girl just turned one year old yesterday. We had a fun party with family and friends and I wanted to share with you the fun cake we made.

I love to make special cakes for my kids each year and I always look forward to surprising them with a fun design. This year we did a ladybug which seemed to fitting for our little petunia, or "stinkbug" as we like to call her :)
I especially love getting creative (big shocker!) and trying to figure out how to accomplish my cake making ideas....for example: I used junior mints for the spots on the ladybug. And...since I couldn't figure out how to get the right shape for my ladybug cake, I baked the cake in a bowl, instead of a pan....who knew that you could bake a cake in a bowl???

She had her one little cake, and then matching cupcakes for all the party guests. So FUN!!

No comments: