Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Digging for Pennies...

My website is currently under complete construction. A "re-model" if you will. It is overwhelming the amount of information that seems to accumulate. So much artwork, so many breeds of dogs, so many ideas and before you know it ... my website is cluttered and it is time for spring cleaning.

This is NOT one of my strengths. I think some of it has to do with my lack of PATIENCE...accompanied by my lack of actual computer knowledge. Combine that with the fact that I am also a stay at home mother of a 3 year old and a baby.... and there you have it. Maintaining my website is my least favorite aspect of my life as an artist. I LOVE creating, emailing customers, chatting with other artists...but the whole website techinical stuff. . . I would rather do yardwork. ( Easy to say since we don't yet have a yard...but that is a whole other can of worms that I will save for another day. )

So ~ as I am working on my site today, my son (3) comes in and says "whatcha doin' mommy, working on your puter? it doesn't listen to you?" I reply, "You are right son, my computer does not listen to me." He ponders this quickly and in one perfectly long run on sentence he replies "and that is ok mommy so your computer does not listen and so it makes you sad and so you should just stop and so your computer is naughty and so that is ok mama. So, let's go look for pennies."

A very simple solution to my problem.

We just happen to have hidden treasures in our sandbox! So ... off we went to dig for pennies in the sand. It made a whole lot more sense on a beautiful day then fighting with my computer and trying to make my website perfect.

So ~ I will focus my energies on the fun part of being an artist (the CREATIVE process) and the important stuff ( like Customer Satisfaction ) ... and I will try really hard to keep my website from getting too cluttered and confusing . . . but please forgive me if it is a tad bit less then perfect. I can promise you this. I will strive to run my business with all of the passion of a kid digging in the sand for pennies.

...and I will NOT stress over the small things. Like the fact that I cannot FOR MY LIFE...figure out how to change the font in my post from yesterday... I have tried over and over again... but you know what...it just doesn't matter. It is just a font. So ... I am letting it go... and MOVING FORWARD.....

( quoted from our FAVORITE Disney Movie "Meet the Robinsons"...if you haven't seen it yet... watch it. It is great on so many levels. )

Off to dig in the sand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. We used to bury candy in our garden and the kids used to love to "wait for it to grow". They never really seemed bummed that it never produced anything. Those days are priceless. enjoy them. love your blog.