Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Using My Powers for Good...


Ok...so those of you that know me...know that I am always on the lookout for a bargain. In fact ~ let's be honest. It is a flat out obsession. I have decided to share my great finds here, along with other things ~ in the event that you would like to save a little $cha-ching$ now and then. Heck ~ times are tough. Save where you can.

Let's start with my most recent OUTSTANDING deal:
From time to time ~ Albertsons will run a special on General Mills cereals:
BUY 10 FOR $10.00. They are running this special NOW! This alone is a bargain.
(If you were to buy 10 boxes, which you never would... but if you did ... it would be a savings difference of over $29, depending on which cereals you buy.)
Now here is where the true talent comes in. (yes...I consider this a talent. sad, huh?) In the cereal isle ~ you will usually find those handy dandy coupon dispensers that spit out coupons (come on...you know you've pushed that button before...)
They are usually for General Mills ~ BUY 2 BOXES SAVE .75 cents. If you are going to buy 10 boxes of cereal, you will need 5 of these. That right there will save you another $3.75. These are manufactures coupons, and Alberstons honors these along with their special pricing.
Now...if you are a coupon clipper (and you really SHOULD be...) you may have some of the even better GM coupons ~ $1.50 to $2.00 off for 3 boxes of cereal. So...to sum things up ~ you have just paid approx $4.50 for 10 boxes of cereal. (This is approx. what ONE box can cost you at regular price.)

Albertsons is running this promo on GM cereal AND Nature Valley Granola Bars, FruitSnacks, etc. through next Tuesday - May 13th.Check out my receipt...total spent $53.91. Total saved $69.16. Wahoooooooooooo! Lesson learned here ~ don't forget: You can use manufactures coupons along with in store specials at MOST stores.
Oh! ... I almost forgot the best part!! Right now the GM cereals have little Speed Racer Turbo Cars in them... and these little cars go fasssstt! Anyway - an added bonus to your bargains! There are many cereals to choose from, which include: Cherrios, Fruit Cherrios, and more. (...like the Lucky Charms that is hidden high up in mommy's secret spot...yum. When did my hidden pleasure become a sugar cereal? yikes.)
Save big. Don't even get me started on how much I save on baby stuff... I have that down to a science. I will save that for another day :0)
So there you have it. My first official blog post. Enjoy!

No comments: